At some point we are all faced with legal problems. Whether you want to sue a builder for damage to your house or your daughter could tell you that she’s getting divorced, you’ll need trustworthy source of information about the law.
Even everyday situations require legal knowledge. To employ a domestic worker you’ll need a contract and having a testament is necessary to help avoid family fights after your death.
Die Suid-Afrikaanse reg: Wat elkeen moet weet is an easily understandable, authoritative guide to South Africa’s legal landscape, written by an expert. Save yourself money and sleepless nights by consulting this comprehensive book before you end up in a lawyer’s office – or in court.
In this practical and informative guide you can find legal advice on all the issues which the average family encounters:
• The meaning of legal terminology
• Understanding the legalities when you buy property
• Which pitfalls to avoid before you sign a contract
• What you have to look out for in a contract when you get married of divorced
• You basic rights in the working place
• Where to find legal help
• Keeping legal costs to the minimum
Not only is the above and many other legal principles explained in accessible language, there is also practical advice on a wide range of other problems you might encounter.
Also available in English: South-African Law: What You Should Know