Eating for Sustained Energy 2 | Food & Drink
Gabi Steenkamp , Liesbet Delport
More and more people are realising the everyday advantages of following a low-GI (Glycæmic Index) diet. Besides resulting in sustained energy levels, improved concentration and increased stamina, low-GI eating holds the following health benefits:
- lowered and stabilised blood glucose levels in diabetics
- easier permanent weight-loss
- improved concentration in children with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- improved performance for sportsmen and women
- reduced cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- alleviation of symptoms of chronic candida, polycistic ovarian syndrome and inflammatory diseases such as arthritis
Following on the incredible success of Eating for Sustained Energy, Eat Smart and Stay Slim and the South African GI Guide, Gabi and Liesbet have developed more than 80 brand-new low-fat low-GI recipes for everyday use. The family-friendly recipes include low-GI versions of popular dishes such as Thai chicken curry, breakfast muffins and even baked cheesecake – proving that you don’t have to sacrifice taste or indulgence for good health.
The detailed introduction explains exactly how the Glycæmic Index works, and gives practical guidelines on low-GI, low-fat eating for specific conditions. The handy GI food lists will become an indispensable tool in identifying suitable food types and products.